Memory card is a kind of contact mode card. There is a chip-trough on one side of the card. The capacity of the chips ranges between 1kbit and 64kbit.
Application area: Data storage, phone card, campus card and so on.
- Synchronous communication protocol, ISO 7816 compatible
- EEPROM size is 256 bytes split into the following areas:
26 bytes for card manufacturer data
2 bytes for card issuer reference
4 bytes for card identification data
224 bytes for main user data
- Access to the memory is protected by a 3 byte secret code for data write only
- Free Read of Data (except PIN)
- Answer to reset according to ISO 7816/3 standard
- Data retention is up to 10 years
- Non reversible byte-wise write protection of lowest 32 addresses
(byte 0 ~31)
- 20 ℃ + 50 ℃ operating range