Printing Glossary of Terms

Key.To code separate pieces of copy to a layout or mechanical using a system of numbers or letters.

Keyline. Alternate term for Mechanical.

Keylines. Lines on a mechanical or negative showing the exact size, shape, and location of photographs or other graphic elements.

Keys. Screws on an ink fountain that control ink flow.

Kill fee. Charge made by writers and photographers for work done on assignment, then not used.

Kiss die cut. To die cut the top layer, but not the backing layer, of self-adhesive paper.

Knock out. Alternate term for Mask out.

Knockout film.Alternate term for Masking material such as Rubylith.

Kraft paper. Strong paper, usually brown, used for wrapping and to make bags.

Kromekote.Champion Paper Company trade name for a high-gloss, cast-coated paper.

 11/26   Fist Pre   9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18   Next Last
Post a comment

15 Comment More comments »
©2003-2023, ZX China Industrial Ltd. all rights reserved. Terms & conditions.
China: Currency | Unit Converter | Free Fonts | SiteMap | Rss